Mountain Soccer Club
Spring 2015 Player Registration
Go to: http://www.sportsmanager.us/
OR www.mountainsoccerclub.org / Click on: “Registration”
Early Registration → October 1 through October 31st:
Regular Registration → November 1 through November 30th: $100.00
Late Registration → December 1st onward:
***Family Maximum is $300.00 (to receive this discount all players must be registered at the same time)
Mountain Soccer Club serves children ages 8 to 17 (U10 through U18; U = under) in the towns of Rutland, Princeton, Paxton, Sterling, and West Boylston. Our mission is to provide a fun, competitive environment for soccer where players from all member towns are learn to play together in advance of playing at the regional high school level. Due to field space issues during construction of the new school, we are also accepting players from Holden in the U16 and U18 age grouping. Age for play is determined by the player’s age as of July 31, 2014.
***Mountain Soccer Club does not offer Kindergarten or U8 play. For that age group, please see your town soccer club or recreation department website.
Details: (PLEASE READ)
Teams and Coaches will be selected in December to meet M.A.Y.S. league deadlines.
~ Players of all abilities are guaranteed placement on a team on our teams provided registration for the season is received by January 15th. After this date, players will be placed on a teams if space is available; when space is not available on a team at the time of registration, players will be placed on a wait list.
~ Mountain Soccer Club bylaws specify that all players will play 50% of the time unless they are absent, ill, injured, or serving a disciplinary action (as a result of red/yellow cards received during play per FIFA rules or Code of Conduct violations). Attendance at practice is strongly encouraged, however it is not used to determine playing time in games. Mountain Soccer Club recognizes that players have other obligations and/or activities that may conflict with practice times. Parents/players are expected to inform the coach ahead of time of any such conflicts.
~ MSC fields division 1, 2 & 3 teams at U10, U12, U14; division 1 & 2 teams at U16 & U18. Divisional placement is dependent on the players registered and their skill levels as determined by parental input at registration and end-of-previous-season coach evaluations (where applicable). MSC does not hold ‘try-outs’ except in rare circumstances.
~ There is no dual enrollment allowed for players in U16 through U18 age groups. They may either play for a Premier team OR a Mountain Soccer Club team, not both.
~ Players are distributed on teams through a draft process. Considerations are: balance of skill levels, children of the assigned coach/es, siblings in the same age group, and a minimum of two players from each town (where possible).
***Exception: For age groups in which we submit a Division 1 team, the top skill level players are placed on that team and the two player minimum is not in place.
~ Mountain Soccer Club does NOT fulfill requests for placement with specific coaches.
~ Mountain Soccer Club does NOT allow players to ‘play up’ an age level.
***Exceptions: 1) players born in August who are in the grade level above that designated by their age grouping as determined by the July 31st cut-off date will be placed in the same age group as their classmates upon parent request.
2) in cases where an age group does not have enough players to form a team, the MSC Board of Directors has the discretion to move players up a level to complete a roster. This generally happens at the U16-U18 level only.
~ Carpool requests are considered, but NOT guaranteed. Since the teams are comprised of players from all towns in our membership, there will be someone from the player’s town of residence for carpool purposes. There is no guarantee that friends will be placed on the same team, even if they request each other for carpooling. The main considerations for all teams are balancing skill and mixing players from all member towns per club bylaws.
~ There is NO guarantee that players will practice or play home games in their home town.
Practice location is determined by the coach assigned to the team.
Home game locations: U10 – Muddy Pond Fields, Sterling; U12 – Krashes Fields, Princeton; and U14 through U18 – Klingele Field, Paxton.
~ Coaches are determined and assigned by the Mountain Soccer Club Board of Directors. Priority is given to returning and experienced coaches.
The season runs – April 2015 through June 2015, with playoffs at the U12 through U18 age levels for division 1 and division 2 teams. Division 3 teams at U12 and U14 participate in the Gaffney Tournament at the end of the season.
MOUNTAIN SOCCER CLUB
***All player registrations incur a NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee of 10%.***
Players Placed on Teams
- ALL refund requests must be made to the MSC Board, in writing (an email is considered a written request).
- Players may request a refund of all fees, less the 10% processing fee, until January 1st.After that date, all requests for refund will be reviewed and decided upon by the MSC Board on a case-by-case basis – refunds are not guaranteed.
- Refunds will not be given for requests after March 8th (approximately four weeks prior to the start of the season).
***Exceptions may be made to this policy for medical issues, injuries, or a relocation from our membership area. Any refund exceptions will incur the 10% non-refundable processing fee plus the $30 uniform fee.
- The amount of any refund will incur a 10% processing fee.Additionally, the refund may be prorated based on the state and local player fees already paid at the time of the refund request.
- Refunds will be issued 4 weeks after the written request has been processed.Wait-Listed Players
- Will be notified of their status by the Registrar by March 15th.While MSC makes every attempt to place all players who register on a team, there are times when a placement is not possible.
- In the event a wait-listed player cannot be accommodated on a team, they will receive a refund of all fees, less the 10% processing fee.
- Refunds will be issued 4 weeks after the start of the season.Please refer to the website for more details.
Any questions please contact Christine Rohland, MSC Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
SportsManager site: www.sportsmanager.us/
To register on-line: www.sportsmanager.us/
Parent Login for updating information: www.sportsmanager.us/